Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Uppers Are Done!

Woot!  My big burly men showed up and all the upper cabinets are up, along with the new hood:




The cabinets themselves went up with no problem, but the hood took some time and it was mostly due to patching and waiting for the stuff to dry.  I did end up sealing off the vent to the outside and I will just use the fan if needed, but like I said in an earlier post I don't fry things anymore so it really made no sense to keep it open.  I am so happy everything is starting to come together and I do love those cabinets!

The foil where the door used to be is there because that door was pissing me off when I was trying to work on that side of the cabinets so I took it off.  I didn't want my cat getting in there so foil was a quick fix.  It adds character ;).

The next part of the kitchen redo is putting together the bottoms, ripping out the old, patching the walls, tiling the floor, installing the cabinets, tiling the counters, installing the sink...ugh.  I still have to pick out what sink I want (double or single?  do I go with stainless or ?), get the grout for both counter and floor, pick out a faucet, etc.  They say no project is complete without visiting the home improvement store a gazillion times and I am finding this to be very true.  Thank goodness for cash back cards!

Your bird pics for this week include a pair of Crested Caracaras and a cute little Savannah Sparrow:




No comments:

Post a Comment