Tuesday, April 24, 2018

More Ripping and Tearing

Well, got the sink half out:

Goodbye late 70's dishwasher:

Goodbye green sink and ugly laminate:

All gone...

Even though it was all very old with parts of it falling apart, it didn't come out that easy.  Fought 'til the bitter end :).  Those white 'pipes' are from when I had the whole house repiped a few years ago due to the old pipes under the foundation leaking.  It was much cheaper to do that then to keep having plumbers come out to tear up where the laundry is located (I had to do that twice).  So now that's all out of the way, the fun begins!  Tiling, putting in the cabs, I'm excited to finally being putting in instead of tearing out...at least on the sink side.

Tomorrow the sink, faucet and drain are coming (ordered from build.com), so those will be ready to go.  I also installed a new window sill:


I thought about using the same tile as my countertops, but I thought it might be too much black so I went to Lowes and picked this up.  No cutting necessary either, it fit right in!

The other thing I am wondering about is what to do with the window area:


I chose not to get the bridge thing that goes across and matches the cabs, but I'm not sure what to put there.  Maybe a shelf?  A curtain?  What would you put there?  I could use some ideas :).

The bird pics this week: a baby Grebe, Black-necked Stilt and a mix of White and Glossy Ibis:






No comments:

Post a Comment