Monday, June 25, 2018

On To Phase Two/Three

Well, now that the kitchen has been completed it's time to start with the rest of the house, which means up comes the old tile...


Which will be replaced by what I put in the kitchen...


In some places it comes up very easily, in other spots though it's coming off in tiny chunks.  Part of it (the dining room in the pic above) had been replaced before, so it's really stuck and is taking quite a bit of muscle to chisel it away.  Other sections are coming up 5-6 whole tiles at a time.  The blue is throughout the house, save for the main bathroom which is only getting a repainting since everything else in it is in excellent shape.  

My plan is to tear up the floor, paint it the hallway/living/dining a nice, brighter color (it's dark green/maroon and I am tired of it) and put down the new floor.  I also have plans to paint the bedroom (it's all black.  Yes, ALL BLACK!) a much nicer, brighter shade and do some redecorating after the tile is done in there.  I don't have a timeline for getting it done, though I'd like at least the living room done in time for football season :).

No comments:

Post a Comment