Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Heading Towards the Finish

The rain has really put a damper on getting things done, both last week and this one, with rain to continue through the holiday weekend.  We really need it so I won't complain too much, but having no place dry to set up my wet saw makes cutting and laying tile a little difficult.  I finally got a break Sunday, so I put some down:


I'm hoping to get the rest down soon so I can put in my cabinets, tile those and be finally finished.  After that comes the real fun part of tiling the rest of the house, painting, etc.  Here's what my sink side looks like finished and in use:


I fixed the sink so it's now flat all the way around and everything is sealed/caulked.  I will have to do a little touch-up painting but I'll wait until the whole kitchen is finished to fix a couple spots where the caulk got a little messy as I'm sure it will be the same on the stove side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment